Local Governing Body
Please find below more information about our Local Governing Body.
Governors, Roles and Details
The current members of the Brakenhale School Governing Body and their roles within the group.
|Name||Category of Governor||Appointed by||Date of appointment||End of term||Role|
|Cheryl Kelly||Trust||Board of Trustees||14.12.2018||13.12.2022
|Chair of Local Governing Body
Link Governor for High Priorities
Link Governor for SEN&D and Pupil Premium
Link Governor for HR / Staffing
|Karen Roche||Trust||Board of Trustees||31.03.2020||30.03.2024||Vice-Chair of Local Governing Body
Link Governor for Safeguarding & IT
|Ty Sterry||Trust||Board of Trustees||01.01.2021||31.12.2024||Link Governor for Finance
|Community||Local Governing Body||08.11.2019||07.11.2023||Link Governor for Health & Safety|
|Nargis Mirza||Community||Local Governing Body||25.06.2020||24.06.2024||Link Governor for Safeguarding & IT|
|Parent||Ballot of Parents||03.02.2021||02.02.2025|
|Parent||Ballot of Parents||16.03.2018||15.03.2022||Link Governor for Curriculum|
|Staff||Ballot of Teaching Staff||02.12.2020||01.12.2024||Link Governor for Behaviour & Attendance|
|Ballot of Non-Teaching Staff||16.05.2019||15.05.2023||Link Governor for Mental Health & Wellbeing|
|Headteacher||Ex officio||30.04.2015||Ex officio|
Local Governing Body Record of Attendance at Meetings – Academic Year September 2019 – July 2020
|Number of meetings
|Possible Number of meetings to attend||%
|Governors who resigned during the academic year|
- Possible number of meetings are of the Local Governing Body.
- Additional attendance if invited as a non-member to a meeting, have not been counted.
- Mrs Skipper retired from her term of office November 2019.
- Mr Beukes extended his term of office by six months due to COVID 19.
- Due to the closure of the school the meeting diaried for March did not take place.
- Meetings held after 30 March 2020 were held virtually.
- Mrs Mirza was appointed June 2020.
- Mrs Ackuaku resigned from her post July 2020.