At Brakenhale we aim to deliver a high quality curriculum with a range of pathways that provide a stimulating and demanding education for students of all abilities.
- Rigour, high standards, coherence
- High expectations and challenge for all.
- A core of essential knowledge in the key subject disciplines
- Freedom for teachers to use professionalism and expertise
- Memorable experiences which put learning in a wider context
- A wide range of opportunities for personalised stretch, challenge and support
- A range of rigorous assessment opportunities which support high quality of information advice and guidance for students and parents
- Varied option choices for all groups of students including the most able and SEND
- Varied progression routes for all students: post 16 and post 18
Running through all of our curriculum, including the pastoral curriculum, are strands of Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education (SMSC) which cover themes such as:
- Making and maintaining positive relationships
- Staying safe and healthy (including Sex and Relationships Education and cyber-safety)
- Respect of self and others
- Equality and inclusion – especially tolerance, respect and understanding of people from protected groups, including those with different faiths and beliefs
- British values eg: rights and responsibilities, democracy and the rule of law
We aim to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum with a range of pathways that provide a stimulating and demanding education for students of all abilities.
Should you have any questions about the curriculum please do not hesitate to contact Mr P Gibson: firstname.lastname@example.org